Thank you for your interest in joining the Food Bank of Iowa's network of partner agencies. Our organization needs strong partners to fulfill our mission of alleviating hunger through food distribution, partnership and education.
501(c)3 Nonprofit organizations who are interested in becoming a partner agency with Food Bank of Iowa to receive and distribute food must apply for membership. The application packet below will walk you through the steps to becoming a partner agency and deadlines to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a bimonthly basis (excluding November).
- Application deadlines are Sept 15, Jan 2, March 2, May 1, and July 1
- Agencies will be notified of membership status on Oct 15, Feb 10, April 11, June 10, and Aug 12
- Read through the application packet for an overview of the Food Bank of Iowa.
- Complete the Pre-Application checklist to determine whether your agency meets membership requirements.
- Fill out the enclosed Partnership Application and Agreement forms and return them to Food Bank of Iowa.
- Provide Food Bank of Iowa with a copy of your 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption letter or the IRS Church
- Your application and service area will then be reviewed by Food Bank of Iowa.
- You will be notified whether the partnership process will go forward.
- Pass a site visit conducted by the Food Bank of Iowa.
- Complete a one day Food Bank of Iowa Partner Agency Orientation including Food Safety and Civil Rights Training.
We are currently accepting applications from the following counties: Buena Vista, Calhoun, Clay, Dallas, Dickinson, Emmet, Franklin, Guthrie, Hamilton, Humboldt, Kossuth, Lucas, Madison, O'Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Sac, Warren, Worth and Wright.
Click here to download the Partner Agency Membership Application
For more information please call 515-564-0330.