REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP COORDINATOR
Regional partnership coordinators build strong relationships with our frontline partners (i.e., food pantries) and community leaders in their service region. Food Bank of Iowa RPCs collaborate with our retail program manager, operations manager and philanthropy team to meet strategic objectives and fulfill our mission, which is to provide food for Iowa children, families, seniors and veterans to lead full and active lives, strengthening the communities where they live.
Outstanding outreach, communication, marketing and customer service skills are required. The successful candidate will be committed to our vision, mission and values and exhibit professionalism, sound judgment and integrity. Customer service, sales and/or social services experience required. Previous experience in a community-based, nonprofit organization is preferred. This position requires an ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, as well as intermediate Microsoft Office and computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
This position is based in Des Moines. RPCs spend up to 75% of the time out of office working with partners. Occasional, out-of-town overnight stays may be necessary. A valid Iowa driver’s license is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess countywide needs and environments, analyze data to identify gaps and trends, and create plans to meet food insecurity needs in each county
- Recruit, train, remove barriers and provide ongoing support for agency and program partners to ensure successful collaboration and implementation of countywide plans
- Train, monitor and audit partners to ensure compliance with FBOI, Feeding America, USDA and DHS requirements and regulations
- Serve as the face of Food Bank of Iowa in specific counties via public outreach and participation in community coalitions
- Provide support for local retail store donation programs and fundraising efforts
- Actively engage in obtaining sponsorship for programs
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures and appropriate internal control safeguards
- Incorporate trained volunteers where applicable and beneficial
Competitive salary and benefits including paid time off, volunteer time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement package.
To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to Tami Nielsen, vice president of operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Food Bank of Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.